Friday 3 March 2017

Scalps

It's 11 km from Scalpwilliam to The Scalp and I walked there and back in the rain. I've done it before. This time I walked and it rained. I walked and walked and it rained and rained. I was soaked through, squelching sock wet despite all the rain gear. Once I left the coast, it was so overcast at times that there was nothing visible beyond twenty metres. Yes, there were vaguely interesting thicker clouds sitting on the highest ground but to this walker, it was simply more suspended water, waiting for me. With my back pack, I was like a snail, going up the mountain, slowly, wetly.

As ever, it's a shame about the roadside litter. I saw many glittering harps, perhaps because I was rain avoiding, looking down rather than around and above.

21.5 km today, 449.5 to go. I last did this return walk on December 30, 2015 and a few months later completed the entire Dublin Mountain Way in one go, blogged here.

No comments:

Post a Comment