Thursday 25 May 2017

Contacts

I was going to name this post FOG but the fog receded as I was walking my local loops for 13 km. The fog had been so thick that its condensation dropped off the trees creating rain below the canopies that we more often use as shelter.

I'd been watching three swimmers, so far offshore that I caught a couple of glimpses of a dolphin breaking the surface nearby, where terns and a gannet were diving for fish. Then I saw six naturists on the beach. One was towelling himself dry as I walked towards them. He sat down on on a rock, bare and facing me, and proceeded to insert his contact lenses. Surreal.

The trees had looked ethereal and the beach cobbles collectible and transformable into mock turtles. And these are the iPhone photos I snapped and posted here today. 

I was one of 8800 people who attended a talk by Prof Brian Cox last night. It seems that we are just proton pumps on a mote in a multiverse where an earlier pump, Georges Lemaïtre, asked Albert Einstein in 1933 if there had been a day without a yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment